Friday, August 24, 2012

DIY: Upcycled Packaging


One of the best feelings in life has got to be upcycling something that would otherwise end up in the trash or recycling pile. Not only is it environmentally friendly, it's budget friendly too! Today I'm sharing a recent packaging project -- I turned a shoe box into a lovely spa gift box for some lotion and bath salts. It's very quick and easy to do, so read on...




First, here's what you'll need:


  • A shoe box (or other box)
  • Tape
  • Kraft paper (So inexpensive! About $3 for a huge roll -- so much cheaper than wrapping paper!)
  • Scissors
  • Washi tape (I get mine from Kawaii Goodies; there are so many fun patterns in this shop)
  • Stamp & Ink Pad

First, I used regular transparent tape and kraft paper to wrap my shoebox. Mine was the kind with the fold open lid, so I wrapped the lid and box as one.




Then, it's on to decorating! I kept it simple, adding a few strips of washi tape on one side:



Next, I stamped a few branches on the sides of the box, as well as one on the top corner:


I finished off the package with a matching handwritten note and tied it with a flower bloom that I crocheted! (P.S. These flowers will be coming to my shop soon, along with some bows, for holiday packaging sets! Stay tuned.)



There you have it: packaging that is simple, affordable, and easy to do! Not to mention, this is now the prettiest shoe box this side of the Mississippi. :)

Happy Friday!
-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment